Technical Lead30 Churchill Place, E14 5RELondon, United Kingdom
As the Technical Lead (UK) for iTechArt, you will be joining a world-class team (around 2,000 members) helping VC-backed mature startups and fast-growing tech companies build successful and scalable products.
This role is perfect for those looking to step away from direct hands-on development and team management responsibilities, and move towards advising startups and larger organisations how to architect their platforms and enabling highly performing distributed development teams.
You will be promoting exceptional technical design and thought leadership with best-practice knowledge to our clients and to the technology community at large.
This role will give you an opportunity to work not only alongside our experienced CTO, but also with some of the biggest names and fastest-growing companies in the tech industry.
- Participate in and run client workshops e.g. Technical and/or Scaling assessments.
- Discuss strategy and advise on cloud transformation governance, automation, security, implementation, and operations.
- Discuss proposals directly with clients and explain the technical pros and cons.
- Assist with team assembly on behalf of our clients, identifying the optimal fit for technology and cross-functional team matching.
- Support team integration (identify how development is conducted through feedback sessions and advise on best practices).
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to build programs that support sales enablement.
- Continuously hone your existing technical skills and develop new ones, so you can continue to make strong contributions to deep architectural discussions.
- Work alongside an experienced CTO and support him in day-to-day activities.
*Please note that this is not a hands-on development role, though you will be advising on coding, architectural design, and technology stack choices, nor a sales role, though you may facilitate pre-sale conversations.
- 3+ years of experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals
- 5+ years of building/implementing/consulting experience of distributed applications
- Technical degree (or equivalent work experience). Computer Science background desired
- Comfortable communicating effectively across internal and external organisations, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements and marry these against potential resulting business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and suggest innovative solutions
- Strong hands-on experience in managing the full development lifecycle within a company including client management, project delivery and execution
- Ability to liaise with our business development team and advise on technical design and approach for new business opportunities
- Deep understanding of private, public, and hybrid cloud architecture, main building blocks, workload types, migration patterns, and tooling
- Understanding of SDLC processes Agile, DevOps, cloud operations and the ability to advise on the best practices
Nice to haves
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements
- Professional experience architecting solutions built on one of AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with analytics and big data related technologies
- Experience with migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Familiarity with common technologies (Nginx, Docker, Git), products (NoSQL, Redis, Jenkins) and design approaches (Serverless, microservices, decoupled)
- Ability to speak publicly and in front of a large audience
We are a leading software development company with offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Vienna, and throughout Belarus and Poland. iTechArt helps VC-backed mature startups and fast-growing tech companies build successful, scalable products that users love, specialising in all things web, mobile, big data, QA, and DevOps.
For nearly 20 years, we’ve developed state-of-the-art software for trailblazing startups including Classpass, Freshly, Bevi, Convene, and Thirty Madison and large-scale businesses such as Mount Sinai, Yale School of Medicine, GAIN Capital, Merkle, and Intapp.
iTechArt believes in creating a culture of diversity, celebrating the unique contributions of all team members regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.